How to Filter out Bots and Spiders from Google Analytics
Google Analytics has released a new feature that will let you filter out known spiders and bots. Here are few things to keep in mind
- The data will only filter spiders and bots from the day you enable this setting. It won’t be allied to the data already processed.
- Since this will filter out bots, you might notice a drop in your visits, page views etc.
Here are the steps to filter out Spiders and Bots
- Go to the Admin section of your Google Analytics report
- Click “View” section and choose the right report view
- Click on “ View Settings” (see image 1 below)
- Check the box under “Bot Filtering” which says “Exclude all hits from known bots and spiders” (see image 2 below)
- Click “Save” button at the bottom and you are done.